|VN68||Business Development Manager - Corp. Partnerships||Not Specified||Permanent||€80,000.00|
|VN64||Group Sales Director||Not Specified||Permanent||£150,000.00|
|VN62||Sales Operations Director||Not Specified||Permanent||£120,000.00|
Business Development Manager - Corp. Partnerships
- Reference: VN68
- Salary: €80,000.00
- Type: Permanent
Vice President of Corporate Partnerships – Executive Education – Germany
€110,000 - €120,000 basic salary
No ceiling on commission
10% of deal value beyond a certain threshold
An executive education joint venture between two globally respected brands is seeking a Vice President of Corporate Partnerships for the German market.
The joint venture, headquartered in London, is well-funded and in high-growth. This is an exceptional opportunity for an entrepreneurial sales professional to be the second person on the ground in a strategic and successful region.
This unique market requires German and English proficiency, as well as some existing contacts. Based from home there will be frequent national travel. The market will be divided with the existing Vice President, who is highly collaborative. 2019 will also see the hire of a junior team in Germany to help to open doors and close smaller deals.
The organisation is highly disruptive in the world of Learning and Development and the proposition and business will be of real interest to sales professionals in this field. Within a few years the joint venture has successfully reached multi-millions revenues.
The innovative Learning & Development proposition requires someone ambitious, likeable and entrepreneurial, who will plan and execute the best route to aggressively grow market share in Germany with the wisest use of company resources. The Vice President will be supported by an outstanding Design department to craft proposals and build programs. By 2021 this Vice President will be generating EU1M+ per annum.
The first three months will be centred on learning and positioning for growth – as well as building essential internal relationships.
- German professional fluency and English proficiency (fluency preferable)
- 3-5 years in bespoke Corporate Training, Learning & Development or Executive Education
- A university degree is essential (MBA is preferable)
- Experience of selling to organisations with 1,000+ people
- Experience of selling €50,000+ deals (5+ years)
- Working knowledge of designing (or helping to design) customised Learning & Development programs
- Background in training, Learning & Development, executive education or management consulting
- Experience of selling to Human Resources, Chief Learning Officers and Learning & Development departments
- Energetic with an exceptional win-rate and focus on profitability
- A character colleagues enjoy spending time with
- Hungry and hardworking, but also patient with long sales cycles.
- Strategically map out the best approach to aggressively grow market share
- Seek and close deals (including some institutional deals) by influencing with integrity
- Outstanding collaboration with the existing Vice President of Corporate Partnerships
- Draw on exceptional sales skills, knowledge of Learning & Development and insight of the market to tailor attractive proposals
- Fulfil “ambassador” duties as a representative of the organisation at events.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a collaborative, respected and enthusiastic “hunter” to be part of a respected young organisation with exceptional culture and ambition.
We are open to referrals and recommendations.
Group Sales Director
- Reference: VN64
- Salary: £150,000.00
- Type: Permanent
Group Sales Director
Role: Group Sales Director
Company: B2B critical asset service business; PE-Backed
Package: Up to £150,000 base | Equity | 30% management bonus | Car allowance | Contributory pension scheme | Above average suite of company benefits including family private health insurance | Life assurance
Location: The candidate could be based anywhere in the UK; HQ in West Yorkshire within easy reach of Manchester or Leeds
Products: Mission critical recurring revenue contracts / subscriptions
Clients: Across all sectors; notably healthcare, education, hospitality and sport
A successful UK business is seeking a pragmatic Group Sales Director to lead their 120 strong team (although this will grow). The Group Sales Director will report directly to the CEO and work alongside commercial leadership including Chief Commercial Officer and Commercial Operations Director to invigorate a highly competent team and sustain rapid growth.
The company has grown from £50 million to £150 million revenue in under 10 years. They would like someone to drive it through the next chapter - £250 million.
This isn’t a Mount Olympus strategy role. The roadmap has been set and they require a leader who will oversee the daily outworking of the vision and strategy. The Group Sales Director will be on the frontline, highly visibly to their national team and ready to execute the strategy defined.
The equity slice should become considerable. The business is nationally focused and will weather Brexit well. Their customers are predominantly SMEs, but increasingly they are also focusing on mid-market and enterprise sales and this will be a key area of growth in the coming years.
Their contracted products include the all-inclusive supply, service and breakdown of critical assets. The business is private equity backed and their growth targets are ambitious, but sustainable. Businesses see the value in their subscription rental and maintenance model as a way to mitigate risks of running critical areas of their business, especially in economically uncertain times. Our client ensures a mission-critical part of their day-to-day business running performs without hitch.
The culture in this business is key and they have their own personality assessment to ensure alignment. The sales culture is strong, with a current focus on revolutionising the transparency of their data and reporting and a wholesale upgrade to get to £250 million revenue. Average lifetime customer spend is strong - with many on long-term contracts. There is significant room for organic growth via new and existing customers and potential acquisitions.
- Leadership is the key to this role; managing 6 regional sales directors (overall 10 direct reports) and indirectly responsible for all the sales talent (~120 people).
- The company need someone to execute the strategy; this will require meticulous attention to detail, heavy-lifting to adjust performance and working closely with the Commercial Operations Director.
- Rallying the troops through tireless coaching, training and performance management.
- Ensuring all daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual KPI’s and quota are hit.
- Recruiting and hiring.
- Highly visible and energetic presence; no coasting in a corner office.
- Demonstrable experience leading a sales outfit of 80+ by example (particularly field sales).
- 15+ years in sales and at least 10 years in senior sales leadership.
- Ideally having worked in a recurring revenue or subscription model business.
It is a brilliant opportunity for a person of action to join an exciting business with vision, a great senior team and talented sales people. Taking ownership of the daily grind will be extremely lucrative for the right candidate.
Sales Operations Director
- Reference: VN62
- Salary: £120,000.00
- Type: Permanent
Sales Operations Director
Role: Sales Operations Director
Company: PE-Backed; the future of Facilities Asset Management
Package: ~£120,000 BASE (neg.) | EQUITY | BONUS (>30% of base) | Car Allowance | Contributory Pension Scheme | Excellent suite of company benefits including Family Health Insurance
Location: Within reach of Manchester or Leeds
Products: RECURRING REVENUE CONTRACT
Clients: Across all sectors; notably education, healthcare, hospitality and sport.
A new Sales Operations Director role has been created by an end-to-end facilities solutions company. Joining an engaging team and exciting business the Director will work with the Chief Commercial Officer and the Group Sales Director to achieve even higher growth. Reporting in to CEO.
The company has grown 300% in 7 years to £150m+ revenue. They are backed by a global private equity firm to fund expansion. They provide critical services and regularly launch into new markets. They doubled their headcount between 2006 and 2014 – with ambitious goals for the next 24 months. The company has launched innovative solutions and products over 40 years. Their services underpin clients like premiership football clubs, the NHS, hotels and resorts.
Their business follows a field sales model with long-term recurring revenue from blended physical assets and services, as well as award-winning customer service. They have an extensive sales function costing in the tens of millions. They have created this new role to find a “head of engineering” for the sales function – designing, planning, executing, testing, reviewing and upgrading the existing functions; whilst laying the infrastructure for terrific growth and new market launches.
This is an appealing opportunity at a problem-solving service business that will require an exceptional individual to increase the rate of growth.
• Build a best in class sales operations team
• Maximise opportunities with a fail-safe sales process
• First-class sales planning and process design
• Targets and remuneration analytics
• Generate transparent data, analytics and sales tracking
• Share intelligence around the sales function to provide strategic direction
• Accountable for performance of the sales process; owning difficult conversations and transformations across product divisions
• Implement and leverage innovative sales technologies
• Work closely with the Group Sales Director to correct, advance and reform existing processes and lay the infrastructure for continued growth
• Diagnostics on impediments and resolutions
• Constant review and pivoting to upgrade method and performance
• Resilient and confident
• Highly accountable
• Change and project management
• Demonstrable previous success transforming large sales function
• Data-driven and analytical – not intuitive
• Excellent communication skills for transition management and influencing
• Bright and commercially astute
• 10+ years in sales and operational leadership
Culture is key and the group have created their own personality test to ensure alignment. A highly professional British brand and a rare leadership opportunity in sales operations. Herringbone Search and our client are committed to promoting diversity. Please share this job with your network.
We welcome referrals and recommendations. Thank you.
We do not advertise all mandates for confidentiality reasons – for a full brief on opportunities please get in touch with Vanessa Nicholson directly on +44 (0) 0203 630 3392.